We are so excited about this Mother’s Day craft using the Cricut Explore. We are big fans of the Cricut over here, it executes all of our ideas while we sit back and watch! This cake topper is sure to brighten any woman’s day and give her the extra boost she needs!
If this craft seems like too much for your little ones or husband to handle, (we don’t think you should have to make your own cake!), switch the phrase up for graduations, birthdays, or Father’s Day!
1. Download our free pattern here or use your favorite scrapbook paper, sized to 12″ X 12″. (Cardstock works best for your letters to stand up straight on the skewers.)
2. Download our “Mom You Rock” template or type up your own phrase with your favorite font. (Thicker fonts work best to hide the toothpicks or skewers.)
3. Let your Cricut Explore do all the work for you! Long gone are the days of cutting out each individual letter at your local craft store.
4. Attach each letter to a skewer or toothpick with hot glue or glue dots.
5. Insert the letters into the cake in whatever arrangement you desire.